Often the case, when we work on a project using version control system like SVN, GIT we would like to sync the repository with the web directory so that we won’t require to manually upload files to FTP. Linux has a utility tool rsync which synchronizes files and directories from one location to another while minimizing data transfer by using delta encoding when appropriate. So, what we can do is checkout the svn repository in one of the directories in linux system as the web directory and then use rysnc to sync between the directories.
Let us assume, you have your web directory as /var/www And you checkout svn in the directory /var/svn.
Now, first we need to update the svn repo.
$ svn update /var/svn
Next, we do rsync
rsync -rutlzh --partial --delete --progress /var/svn/ /var/www
- -r – -recursive : recurse into directories
- -u – -update : skip files that are newer on the receiver
- -t – -times : transfer modification times along with the files and update them on the remote system.
- -l – -links : copy symlinks as symlinks
- -z – -compress : compress file data duing the transfer
- -h – -human-readable : output numbers in a human-readable format
- – -partial : keep partially transferred files
- – -delete : delete extraneous files from the receiving side, but only for the directories that are being synchronized.
- – -progress : print information showing the progress of the transfer.
zPanel is a php-based free control panel for windows, mac, and linux servers. The program runs on top of an Apache, MySQL, PHP stack on whichever platform is used. zPanel should be installed on a fresh server, as all of the programs that zPanel requires are set up automatically through their installation process.
ZPanel installs the following packages on your server that are pre-configured to work exclusively with ZPanel:
- ZPanel – (Current Version 10.1.0)
- MySql -5.5.29
- Apache – 2.4.3
- PHP -5.3.20
- Bind – 9.9.2-P1
- phpMyAdmin – 184.108.40.206 *
- RoundCube – 0.9.2 *
- Dovecot – 2.0.9
- Postfix – 2.6.6
- proFTPd – 1.3.3g
- hMail Server (Windows) – 5.3.3-B1879 *
- FileZilla Server (Windows) – 0.9.4.1 beta *
- Step1: Log on to your SSH server
- ssh root@your_ip_address
- Step2: Download the Installer
- wget -O installer-10-1-0-centos-64.sh.x https://github.com/bobsta63/zpanelx/releases/download/10.1.0/installer-10-1-0-centos-64.sh.x
- Step3: Make the Installer Executable
- chmod +x installer-10-1-0-centos-64.sh.x
- Step4: Install Pre-Required Packages
- yum install ld-linux.so.2 curl
- Step5: Run the Installer
- Step6: Follow the on screen instructions during the installation.
- Note the zadmin password and mysql root password
Once the zpanel is installed, you could use your IP Address to navigate or if you have installed in sub-domain then use accordingly.