Once you installed zpanel, it runs in port 80 by default if you didn’t installed it in sub-domain. This will point your domain to zpanel instead of your application. If you want zpanel and your application co-exist in the same domain without installing zpanel in sub-domain again, then one way around is running the zpanel in port other than 80.
The following configuration is needed in order to enable zpanel in port other than 80. The configuration could be added to httpd.conf file in /etc/httpd/conf/
# Ensure that Apache listens on port 10001
# Listen for virtual host requests on all IP addresses
# Other directives here
This configuration is useful not only to allow zpanel to run in port mentioned but using this configuration we can host different application in different port.
zPanel is a php-based free control panel for windows, mac, and linux servers. The program runs on top of an Apache, MySQL, PHP stack on whichever platform is used. zPanel should be installed on a fresh server, as all of the programs that zPanel requires are set up automatically through their installation process.
ZPanel installs the following packages on your server that are pre-configured to work exclusively with ZPanel:
- ZPanel – (Current Version 10.1.0)
- MySql -5.5.29
- Apache – 2.4.3
- PHP -5.3.20
- Bind – 9.9.2-P1
- phpMyAdmin – 188.8.131.52 *
- RoundCube – 0.9.2 *
- Dovecot – 2.0.9
- Postfix – 2.6.6
- proFTPd – 1.3.3g
- hMail Server (Windows) – 5.3.3-B1879 *
- FileZilla Server (Windows) – 0.9.4.1 beta *
- Step1: Log on to your SSH server
- ssh root@your_ip_address
- Step2: Download the Installer
- wget -O installer-10-1-0-centos-64.sh.x https://github.com/bobsta63/zpanelx/releases/download/10.1.0/installer-10-1-0-centos-64.sh.x
- Step3: Make the Installer Executable
- chmod +x installer-10-1-0-centos-64.sh.x
- Step4: Install Pre-Required Packages
- yum install ld-linux.so.2 curl
- Step5: Run the Installer
- Step6: Follow the on screen instructions during the installation.
- Note the zadmin password and mysql root password
Once the zpanel is installed, you could use your IP Address to navigate or if you have installed in sub-domain then use accordingly.